Please join us in honoring outstanding community leaders during our
2016 North County “Looking Forward” Awards Dinner Sunday, May 22
Each year Santa Barbara County Action Network honors individuals, businesses and organizations for their outstanding contributions to the community. The dinner will be held on Sunday, May 22 from 5 p.m.-8 p.m. at the Radisson Hotel, 3455 Skyway Drive, Santa Maria.
The dinner this year is dedicated to the memory of Joann Marmolejo and Jerry Connor.
This year’s award recipients are:
- Chuck Madson, “Looking Forward” Award, for strong leadership and vision in community building, civic engagement, and improving the quality of life in our community.
- Patricia Solorio, Working Families Award, for helping working families to obtain affordable health care, housing, educational and job opportunities; or to improve wages, benefits, working conditions, and worker rights.
- Franca Bongi Lockard, Social Justice Award, for promoting fairness, tolerance, equality, respect and compassion for all people in our community.
- Rosemary Holmes, Giving Back to the Community Award, for giving back selflessly to the community through volunteer activities and community projects.
- Doug Jenzen, Environmental Protection & Sustainability Award, for valuing, protecting, and preserving our natural resources and environment.
Thanks to our sponsors:
"Looking Forward" Sponsor
United Food & Commercial Workers Local 770
Service Employees International Union Local 721
Service Employees International Union Local 620
Fund for Santa Barbara
United Domestic Workers Local 3930 AFL-CIO
Democratic Club of Santa Maria Valley
Law Office of Marc Chytilo
Lompoc Valley Democratic Club
Los Padres Chapter of the Sierra Club
Ng & Ng Dental and Eyecare Center
Santa Maria-Lompoc Branch of the NAACP
SBCAN is a countywide, grassroots organization, dedicated to creating sustainable communities by promoting social and economic justice and preserving our communities’ environmental and agricultural resources.