We hope you'll join us for the 2015 North County "Looking Forward" Awards Dinner on Sunday, June 7 at 5 p.m. at the Santa Maria Inn. We will honor individuals, businesses and organizations for their outstanding contributions to the community.
This year’s award recipients are:
- Deborah Tobola & the Poetic Justice Project, “Looking Forward” Award, for Leadership and Vision
- Al Thompson, Environmental Protection & Sustainability Award
- Lawanda Lyons-Pruitt, Social Justice Award
- People’s Self-Help Housing, Working Families Award
- Laura and Ron Selken, Giving Back to the Community Award
The Poetic Justice Project will entertain us with a short skit.
We'll post more information here soon about sponsorship opportunities and purchasing tickets. In the meantime, please mark your calendar.
Winners and dignitaries from 2013
Criteria for Awards
• Open to individuals, local businesses and community organizations located or working in northern and central Santa Barbara County (Santa Maria, Lompoc, Santa Ynez, and Guadalupe areas.)
• Must have demonstrated commitment to social equity, diversity, social and economic justice, or environmental protection.
1. Social Justice Award – For promoting fairness, tolerance, equality, respect and compassion for all people in our community.
2. Environmental Protection and Sustainability Award – For valuing, protecting, and preserving our natural resources and environment.
3. Giving Back to the Community Award – For giving back selflessly to the community through volunteer activities and community projects.
4. Working Families Award - For helping working families to obtain affordable health care, housing, educational and job opportunities; or to improve wages, benefits, working conditions, and worker rights.
5. “Looking Forward” Award – For strong leadership and vision in community building, civic engagement, and improving the quality of life in our community.