PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDARS NOW FOR THESE 2016 SBCAN EVENTS
SATURDAY, JANUARY 9
2 p.m.-4 p.m.
Board Election and Installation and General Membership Meeting
St. Mark's in the Valley, 2901 Nojoqui Ave, Los Olivos CA 93441
Hannah-Beth Jackson and Dave Davis are our guest speakers for this fun, relaxing reception where we will renew acquaintances, talk about SBCAN's direction in the new year, enjoy some wine and refreshments, and elect and install our board. We'll send more details later.
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 28
Oscar Viewing Gala
Home of Susan Rose and Allan Ghitterman
Join us for our annual get together to watch the Oscars and win prizes for predicting who the winners will be. Wine, cheese, and other delectables will be served. More details later.
SUNDAY, MAY 22
5 p.m.-8 p.m.
North County "Looking Forward" Awards Dinner
We will recognize five outstanding individuals or organizations from the North County during our annual dinner in Santa Maria. Send us your nominations.
Criteria for Awards
• Open to individuals, local businesses and community organizations located or working in northern and central Santa Barbara County (Santa Maria, Lompoc, Santa Ynez, and Guadalupe areas.)
• Must have demonstrated commitment to social equity, diversity, social and economic justice, or environmental protection.
1. Social Justice Award – For promoting fairness, tolerance, equality, respect and compassion for all people in our community.
2. Environmental Protection and Sustainability Award – For valuing, protecting, and preserving our natural resources and environment.
3. Giving Back to the Community Award – For giving back selflessly to the community through volunteer activities and community projects.
4. Working Families Award - For helping working families to obtain affordable health care, housing, educational and job opportunities; or to improve wages, benefits, working conditions, and worker rights.
5. “Looking Forward” Award – For strong leadership and vision in community building, civic engagement, and improving the quality of life in our community.
We'll send more on this event later, too.