It is with great sorrow that we say goodbye to our good friend and colleague Joann Marmolejo. She passed away on Tuesday.
There will be a Celebration of Life for Joann on Saturday, March 19.
Here’s a message from Joyce Howerton:
“It is with sadness that I let you know that Joann Marmolejo passed away on Tuesday, March 8th. Until the end Joann did it her way by emailing people on important issues facing Santa Barbara County. There will be a celebration of Life for Joann, and her sons asked that I try and get a count of Joann's political friends who might attend because the family is providing a BBQ. Please RSVP back to me ([email protected]) by Wednesday, March 16 if you can join the family in saying goodbye to our friend.”
Celebration of Life for Joann Marmolejo
Saturday, March 19 from noon to 6 p.m.
Program around 1 p.m.
Veterans Memorial Cultural Center, 313 W. Tunnell St., Santa Maria
Santa Barbara County Action Network is dedicating this year’s North County “Looking Forward” Awards Dinner to Joann in recognition of her lifelong commitment to improving the lives of working people in the community and her years of involvement in organizing our awards dinners. The dinner will be May 22. Please see below.
SAVE THE DATE:
We are dedicating this year's dinner to Joann Marmolejo in recognition of her lifelong commitment to improving the lives of working people in the community. We especially appreciate Joann’s service as a board member of Santa Barbara County Action Network from 2002-2015 and her leadership as president from 2007 to 2014.
We will recognize five outstanding individuals from the North County during our annual dinner in Santa Maria.
This year’s award recipients are:
- Chuck Madson, “Looking Forward” Award
- Rosemary Holmes, Giving Back to the Community Award
- Doug Jenzen, Environmental Protection & Sustainability Award
- Patricia Solorio, Working Families Award
- Franca Lockard, Social Justice Award
- Social Justice Award – For promoting fairness, tolerance, equality, respect and compassion for all people in our community.
- Environmental Protection and Sustainability Award – For valuing, protecting, and preserving our natural resources and environment.
- Giving Back to the Community Award – For giving back selflessly to the community through volunteer activities and community projects.
- Working Families Award - For helping working families to obtain affordable health care, housing, educational and job opportunities; or to improve wages, benefits, working conditions, and worker rights.
- “Looking Forward” Award – For strong leadership and vision in community building, civic engagement, and improving the quality of life in our community.