- Rail Spur decision expected Wednesday, October 5 in San Luis Obispo
- Pacific Coast Energy’s proposed Orcutt oil project before Board of Supervisors on Tuesday, October 11
- Articles about oil extraction and transport
- SBCAN North County Roundtable meets Thursday, October 13 in Santa Maria
SBCAN South County Roundtable meets Friday, October 14 in Santa Barbara
1. Rail Spur decision expected Wednesday, October 5 in San Luis Obispo
This Wednesday, October 5, the San Luis Obispo County Planning Commission may make its final decision on the Phillips 66 Rail Spur Proposal.
Here is the link to the latest Mesa Refinery Watch Group's Newsletter about the issue:
Please come to the hearing to show your opposition to this dangerous proposal.
2. Pacific Coast Energy’s proposed Orcutt oil project before Board of Supervisors on Tuesday, October 11
Next week, on October 11, the Santa Barbara County Board of Supervisors will consider whether to uphold or reverse the Planning Commission's denial of the Orcutt Hill oil project proposed by Pacific Coast Energy. Please write to your county supervisors urging them to uphold the denial. The staff report gives clear reasons why the denial should be upheld, BUT the supervisors need to hear from YOU in writing and at the hearing. PLEASE attend and make your voice heard!
Here is the link to the staff report:
3. Links to really good articles about oil transport forwarded to us by one of our members:
Why do oil trains derail more often than ethanol trains?
Bomb Trains: What Can We Learn From Shipping Ethanol to Improve Oil-By-Rail Safety?
4. SBCAN North County Roundtable (formerly H.O.T. Committee) meets 6 p.m. Thursday, October 13 in Santa Maria
Cornerstone Community Meeting Room, corner of Jones Street at 705 S. McClelland, Santa Maria
5. SBCAN South County Roundtable (formerly H.O.T. Committee) meets noon Friday, October 14 in Santa Barbara
Rabobank, 2nd Floor Conference Room, 33 Carrillo St. (corner of Anacapa Street), Santa Barbara