You are invited to Santa Barbara County Action Network's countywide combined Roundtable on Friday, April 9 from noon to 1:30 p.m.
We hope you will be able to make it. Please let us know if there are items you would like to discuss that are not listed on the agenda below.
- Call to Order by Chairs and SBCAN Co-Presidents Janet Blevins and Dick Flacks. Introductions; Agenda Review (5 min.)
- Holistic Defense Practice and Cash Bail: We will hear from the Racial Justice Committee from the Santa Barbara Public Defender's Office about their program to provide holistic support to those at risk of incarceration. We will also hear about the efforts to keep cash bail at $0 in California beyond the pandemic.
- Save San Marcos Foothills: The community has reached an agreement with the developer who is planning to build luxury homes on the West Mesa of the San Marcos Foothills. Now, we have until June 1st to raise $20 million to protect this land forever. We will hear an update from the activists who have been leading this effort.
- Hazard Pay for Grocery and Drug Store Workers: Major grocery and drug stores have seen record increases in profits. Meanwhile, workers of these stores have faced high exposure of COVID-19 for over a year. SBCAN is joining UFCW 770 in advocating for a $5 per hour increase for major grocery and drug store employees.
- May Day Concert - SBCAN will be sponsoring an exciting virtual concert on Saturday, May 1st in honor of May Day! More details will be sent out early next week.
- Brief updates from participants. Please let us know if there are items you want to bring up. (2 to 5 min. each)
- Our next meeting is to be determined and will be via Zoom.
Santa Barbara County Action Network